WBAY-TV Prize Patrol Contest – February 2012
2. Entrants must be at least 21 years old and must be from WBAY-TV’s viewing area. Employees of WBAY-TV, Young Broadcasting Inc., participating sponsors, competing television stations, cable and satellite companies, and their immediate families are not eligible.
3. The contest entry period is Monday, Saturday January 28, 2012 – Friday, February 10, 2012. You can donate/vote as many times as you would like. For every $1 donated, you receive 1 vote and 1 entry.
4. Odds of winning are determined by the number of valid entries.
5. One winner will be chosen by random drawing Saturday, February 11 from all entries received.
6. The prize of two tickets to the “Dancing With the Stars” is valued at $160; the wine basket is valued at $150.
7. Winners will be notified by phone, email, orU.S.mail. In the unlikely event WBAY-TV is unable to contact a winner, another entry will be chosen to determine a winner. WBAY-TV is not responsible for errors, problems, or difficulties with printing,U.S.mail, internet (including e-mail), or telephone.
8. A donation to the Lakeland Chapter of the American Red Cross qualifies you for entries.
9. This contest may be discontinued or rules changed at any time without notice.
10. This contest is conducted by WBAY-TV whose decisions are final on all matters.
12. The prize is non-transferable, non-redeemable for cash and may not be substituted by the winner. Some restrictions apply. It also will be forfeited if not claimed within seven (7) days of notification and may be substituted by WBAY-TV in the unlikely event that it is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control. Delivery is not included.
13. Winners agree that WBAY-TV, their sponsors, agencies and affiliates have no liability in connection with the acceptance or use of any prizes awarded in this contest.
14. A copy of these rules is available at the WBAY-TV studios located at 115 South Jefferson Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin, 54301.
15. Upon completion of the contest, a complete list of winners will be available upon written request to WBAY-TV.
16. Void where prohibited.
Hi! I am the lone weather girl in the area. You’ll find me on the weekend morning shows as well as noon and 4pm broadcasts during the week. I’ve forecasted weather in Wisconsin for nearly ten years and for the past year or so I have been at WBAY. Despite a strong dislike for our winter weather, I haven’t been able to escape! I graduated from University of Wisconsin Green Bay in 2005 and furthered my Meteorology studies through US-Graduate School and received my AMS Seal of Approval from the American Meteorology Society in 2010. I was born and raised right here in Green Bay, WI. If you can believe it, I am one of seven children and spent the first six years of my life living above our family-owned Dairy Queen just blocks from Lambeau field. I still reside in Green Bay with my beautiful daughter, Jaiden, and our two kittens.
When I’m not tracking storms, I enjoy spending time outdoors. I love softball, biking, disc golfing, and gardening. If I can get away, I’ll head to the nearest beach too! Indoor hobbies of mine include playing video games, listening to music, playing blackjack and cheering on the Brewers!
My favorite Dancing with the Stars winner is Nicole Scherzinger from Season 10. I loved her as a musical artist before her stint on Dancing with the Stars. Not only can the girl sing, but also she showed what incredible dance skills she has on the show. My dream dance partner would have to be Justin Timberlake.
I like dancing. Although I’ve not had any professional training, I was a cheer leader on the pom pon squad in high school. Although maybe not my first memory, but my fondest memories of dancing include cheer camps and our pom squad taking 4th place at the Midwest Competition during my junior year.
I think many of us feel the need to help others out where we can. So, when I was approached to participate in this year’s local Dancing with the Stars event, it was a no-brainer. I am honored to help such a great organization that provides vital support to those in need.