The 10th and final “Dancing with Our Stars” (aka DWOS) campaign supporting the American Red Cross of Northeast Wisconsin is now underway. Billed as “Dancing with Our Stars 2018: All-Star Edition, presented by the Schneider Foundation”, local community members who participated in previous years are returning to once again be Star Dancers.
The DWOS alumni committed to participate are:
- Anna Allen: Howard-Suamico School District
- Chelsea Anderson: University of North Carolina
- Billi Jo Baneck: Brown County Public Safety
- Keith Cronin: Green Bay Packers
- Kati Donaho: Hyatt Regency
- Mary Gronnert: Schneider Foundation
- Tracy Lemsky: Associated Bank
- Emily Matesic: WBAY-TV 2
- Zeb Metzler: Innovative Services
- Bill McGlin: Shawano County Public Safety
- Pam Niles: Women’s Specialty Care
- Lisa Pritzl: Prophit Marketing
- Adam Rockman: Bellin Health
- Stacy Stecker: Associated Bank
- Dan Terrio: UnitedHealthcare
- Jody Weyers: American Red Cross
- Marty Williams: Sierra Dental
- Kelly Wolff: Kimberly Clark, Aerial Pole Dance Exercise
Paul Kardish of Schneider also joins the team, taking the place of Chris Lofgren who participated in DWOS 2014. And Grant Soletski of CrossFit Green Bay is the final All-Star, dancing in place of Al Jamir who was part of the DWOS 2015 crew.
The campaign will culminate with a two-night extravaganza. First will be a Disco Dance Party fundraiser on Friday, February 23 and then the traditional ballroom dance show the following night on Saturday, February 24. Both events will take place at the KI Convention Center in downtown Green Bay and will feature appearances by professional ballroom dancers Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, thanks to a sponsorship by Jack’s Maintenance. People in attendance will receive the chance to win personal experiences with Peta and Maks including the opportunity to dance with them.
While this is the first time Maks will be part of DWOS, it marks Peta’s third appearance as she previously participated as a celebrity judge in 2014 and 2015. Murgatroyd is well known for teaming with Green Bay Packers legend Donald Driver to win Season 14 of ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars.”
People interested in purchasing tickets should send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of this final DWOS campaign is to raise $600,000. In its nine-year history, DWOS has raised more than $2 million. All funds raised support disaster prevention, preparation and relief, the life-saving training of first aid, CPR/AED classes, collection and testing of blood and blood products, support to military members serving around the globe and international programs.
Rane Cegelski, Ballroom by Jay, Get Out and Dance in Weston, Simply Ballroom of Green Bay, TC Dance Club of Appleton and Arthur Murray Dance Centers of Madison are the participating professional dance partners for the event.
Associated Bank, Bay Industries, BayTek Games, Belmark, Broadway Automotive, Festival Foods, Green Bay Packaging, Green Bay Packers, Hyatt Regency Green Bay, Jack’s Maintenance, Khrome Agency, Sanimax, Schneider, Shift Visuals, Three Three Five, Wisconsin Public Service Foundation, WBAY-TV 2 and 101 WIXX are proud sponsors of Dancing with our Stars.
More event details can be found on the following Red Cross platforms:
- VOTE (donate) to support your favorite dancer: https://www.crowdrise.com/redcrossallstars
- Dancing with Our Stars blog: http://redcrossdwosblog.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/americanredcrossnortheastwisconsinchapter/
- Twitter: @redcrosswis
- Use #RedCrossAllStars and #DWOS18 to join the conversation on social media!
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross