The 9th Annual Dancing with Our Stars for the American Red Cross held on Saturday, February 25 at the KI Convention Center in Green Bay featured fantastic fundraising as well as spectacular dancing. Together, with the amazing efforts of our star and professional dancers, sponsors, and with the support of the community, we raised more than $206,000 to support Red Cross programs and services in our community.
Taking away the top honor for the Mirror Ball Fundraising Trophy – Team Division was Stacy Stecker and Chelsea Anderson of Team Rock for the Red. They raised more than $66,000 to support the local Red Cross. The winner of the Mirror Ball Fundraising Trophy – Individual Division was Jim Knopf who raised more than $25,000.
People’s Choice Champion Award went to Billi Jo Baneck and Michael Witte for their dance to “I Won’t Let Go.” The People’s Choice Runner Up Award went to Ryan Martin and Mina Witte for their Paso Doble to “Kiss the Sky.”
The Judges’ Choice Champion Award went to Kelly Wolff and Terry Irwin for their Rhythm Medley to “One Night Only.” The Judges’ Choice Runner Up Award went to Sarah Larson and Rane Cegelski for their Harry Potter-themed Smooth Medley.
Thank you to our sponsors including: Associated Bank; AT&T; BayTek Games; Broadway Automotive; Festival Foods; Green Bay Packaging; Green Bay Packers; Kimberly-Clark; Nature’s Way; Sanimax; Schneider Foundation, Simply Ballroom, SKB Management, Tundraland and Wisconsin Public Service. We also thank our media partners of WBAY-TV2, 101 WIXX and 94.3 JackFM for their promotional support.
Special thanks to Cami Rapson of WBAY-TV 2 and Shawn Kiser of Rally Man Entertainment for serving as masters of ceremonies and Christopher Mangless, Matthew Rassmussen and Heather Wudstrack for their professional and colorful commentary as judges.
Thank you to all our star dancers for their time, commitment, energy and passion:
- Team Champagne Strut:
- Jennie Sykes – Brand Ambassador, Elevate97
- Jillian Dempsey – Co-owner, The Heel
- Team Culinary Chemist:
- Jyll Everman – Co-Owner/Executive Chef, Gather on Broadway
- Sarah Larson – Quality Control Chemist, Nature’s Way
- Team E-Rock:
- Emily Matesic – Fox Valley Bureau Chief, WBAY-TV
- Adam Rockman – BSN/RN/CCRN, Bellin Health
- Team Rock for the Red:
- Chelsea Anderson – UW School of Medicine and Public Health
- Stacy Stecker – Senior Vice President/Private Banking Group Manager, Associated Bank
- Team Vixens:
- Kelly Wolff – Kimberly-Clark
- Lusine Weitz – Owner, NC Janitorial
The community members competing individually:
- Billi Jo Baneck – Dispatcher, Brown County Public Safety
- Jim Knopf – Sales & Marketing Manager, Servpro
- Dr. Ryan Martin – Professor of Psychology at UW-Green Bay
- Tara Steinhorst – Founder, Colton’s Cure
- Carla Vander Loop – Stylist/Social Media Marketing, LS Boutique
- Woody from 94.3 JackFM – Program Coordinator/On-Air Talent
Also, thank you to our pro dance partners:
Rane Cegelski; Terry Irwin from TC Dance Club of Appleton; Charles Michaels from Arthur Murray School of Dance in Sun Prairie; Jay Morth from Ballroom by Jay; Michael Witte and Mina Witte from Simply Ballroom of Green Bay.
To view videos of the dances click HERE.
Check out our Northeast Wisconsin Facebook Page to view event photos.
Thank you to the event committee, volunteers and most of all the community for supporting your local Red Cross.