Green Bay, WI – On Wednesday, September 29 the ten celebrity all-star dancers were announced for the 3rd Annual Dancing with the Stars for the American Red Cross. This event will be held on Saturday, February 26, 2011 at the Radisson Hotel, Green Bay. Social hour begins at 4:30pm and dinner/program beginning at 5:30pm.
The 2011 “Dancing with the Stars celebrity line-up includes:
- John Allen, Owner, John Allen Insurance Agency
- Aymee Balison, CEO, CFO, COO, Balison Family (and owner of Sweetpea’s)
- Kathryn Bracho, Anchor, Action 2 News This Morning, WBAY-TV 2
- Ronda Kincheloe, Community Supporter
- Jackie Larsen, Owner, Fitnessology
- Dean Lindsley, V.P. of Operations & Product Development, Pallas Textiles – a division of KI
- Murphy in the Morning, Morning show host at 101 WIXX
- Stacy Richards, President/COO, burnham richards
- Brad Toll, President/CEO, Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Kurt VandenHouten, V.P./Co-Owner, Van’s Lumber & Custom Builders, Inc.
These ten celebrities will be trained in two ballroom dances by DanceSport of Green Bay under the direction of Janet Gollnick, former Midwest champion. Their dance partners will be accomplished and skilled college-aged dancers from DanceSport of Green Bay.
The winner of the Mirror Ball Fundraising Trophy will be the dancer who scores best on the dance floor and who is supported by public and event votes. Votes will be in the form of dollars donated in support of the star dancer, both at the Dancing with the Stars event and dollars pledged in the name of the dancer prior to February 26. Awards presentation includes “Judges Choice and People’s Choice” trophies.
We are honored to have Ivan Seleznev of New York City, an eight time Russian champion, Rebecca Messenger, nationally acclaimed Ballroom Judge and Dan Messenger, former National Champion and Ballroom Judge both of Milwaukee.
All proceeds for the event go to support local programs and services for the American Red Cross.
Tickets for the event will be on sale at the American Red Cross Lakeland Chapter, starting January 3, 2011.