Can you believe, Julie May, Owner of Chestnut Gallery & Gifts, has only taken a few lessons with DanceSport of Green Bay. Check out her moves during her lesson with Ivan Seleznev, while he was in town fron NY. Go Julie!!
Born in Samara, Russia, Ivan Seleznev, began dancing at age 5. He now lives in New York City and visits Green Bay often. Throughout his dancing career Ivan has captured renowned titles such as: Russian National Championships, Moscow, Russia; Champion, Blackpool Dance Festival, Blackpool, England; Semi-finalist, Birmingham Open,Birmingham, England; Champion Copenhagen Open, Copenhagen, Denmark; Finalist; Alassio Open, St. Petersburg, Russia; 8-time Champion Samara Open, Samara, Russia
Throughout his career Ivan has trained with the renowned Latin and Standard coaches including Bill Irvine. Ivan reports that his parents Alexander Seleznev and Marina Bogdanova were his first and best coaches. Ivan shares a studio floor with Paul Killick and others who are ranked high in the ballroom dancing world. Ivan is the Artistic Director for DanceSport of Green Bay’s youth program.
Ivan will once again be one of our judges at our Dancing with the Stars for the American Red Cross Lakeland Chapter event on Sunday, February 21, 2010.
Friday, December 4, was the “Wisconsin State Holiday Dance Championships” at the Performing Arts Center in Appleton, WI. We got to see some amazing dances and see some of our own shine at this faboulous event. Watch the video of Jim and Maureen Gagnon, award winning quickstep, “Dancing Fool”. Jim Gagnon is on the Lakeland Chapter Board of Directors and both Jim and Maureen are on the Dancing with The Stars for the American Red Cross Committee.
Check out Tina Toonen’s, Bolero to “House of the Rising Sun”. Bob and Tina Toonen, of Toonen Properties are one of our Silver Sponsors for Dancing with the Stars.
Delilah, dancing with Terry Irwin of Adagio Dance Club, proves that one is never too old to dance. She started at the age of 77 and is still completing at the age of 96!
Tickets for the 2nd Annual Dancing with the Stars for the American Red Cross sponsored by Oneida Nation will be on sale January 4, 2010.
When: Sunday, February 21, 2010
Where: Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, Three Clans Complex, Green Bay
- Corporate tables of 10 valued at $800/$700/$600
- $50.00 individual tickets
Program of Events:
4:30 pm Doors Open
5:15 pm Celebrity Dance Competition
7:00 pm Dinner
To order tickets after January 4, 2010, please call Mauree Childress, Director of Development at 920-227-4287.
Learn a little more about Julie May!
1. Describe your first dancing recollection. About how old were you and what was the occasion? My first dancing experience was in the 7th Grade at the Cathedral dances and not being asked to dance. (Note from editor: They missed out. Little did they know that Julie would someday be a marvelous Latin and Zumba dancer.)
2. Who is your dream dance partner? My husband, Jack. (We need lessons though. I have a tendency to lead.)
3. Why support the Red Cross with your participation? One never knows when you may need to rely on this vital organization. I have always felt that “charity begins at home” – city, state and country. That’s why I support the local Lakeland Chapter.
4. Hobbies or passions: I like antiquing, golf, travel and spending time with my four grandchildren.