to the Dancing with the Stars for American Red Cross Lakeland Chapter fundraising event sponsored by Oneida Nation of Wisconsin. Ten Northeast Wisconsin Stars are participating in this event. Stars are being trained in two ballroom dances under the direction of Janet Gollnick, former Midwest champion, DanceSport of Green Bay.
They will complete at our 2nd Annual Dancing with the Stars on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, Three Clans Complex, Green Bay.
Here’s how you can support this event and your local American Red Cross:
- Buy a corporate table or individual tickets for the event.
- “Vote” for your favorite star dancer. All “votes”* will be counted toward your chosen star to help them earn the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy given away the night of the event.
CLICK TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE DANCERS: www.arclakeland.org
IF YOU WANT TO SEE OUR STARS LIVE…
DON’T DELAY. THIS EVENT SOLD OUT EARLY LAST YEAR!
Date: Sunday, February 21, 2010
Place: Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, Three Clans Complex, Green Bay
Program of Events:
4:30pm – Door Open
5:15pm – Star Celebrity Dance Competition
7:00pm – Dinner
Tickets will be on sale starting Monday, January 4, 2010
Price: Corporate Tables: $800/$700/$600
Please call Mauree Childress, Director of Development, at 920-227-4286 or e-mail email@example.com to purchase corporate tables or for individual tickets.
*Votes = a donation to the American Red Cross Lakeland Chapter. You will be sent a letter of acknowledgement for your tax-deductible gift.
You must have a ticket to attend.
Co-owner of artessence, LLC, Dan Frievalt is a professional portrait photographer that enjoys blending creative light with graphic design to create artistic images that evoke drama and passion.
He has won several Best of Show Illustrative awards, a Court of Honor and the prestigious Kodak Gallery award in 2009. He has also earned a Top Ten Imager award from the Wisconsin Professional Photographers Association. He has an Associate degree from NWTC in Marketing Communications and has studied with many award winning photographers from around the world.
Always striving to learn as much about art and photography, Dan is always looking to improve on his craft. Watching movies, listening to music and travel are key to keeping his creative juices flowing.
1. Describe your first dancing recollection. About how old were you and what was the occasion? I would have to say dancing with my cousin at my sisters wedding, I was probably only six. There is a photo, so it has to be true.
2. Who is your dream dance partner? My wife, especially when we are in Mexico.
3. Who is your favorite dancer of all time on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and why? They are all great. It’s fun to see the stars in an area that is different than their normal professions.
4. Why support the Red Cross with your participation? Any organization that has been around for as long as the Red Cross proves that it is both a helpful and needed organization. Without the Red Cross our World would be a different place. I feel honored to do my part to help with their mission.
5. What’s your favorite song? I have no favorites, I listen to any music that helps me be creative. Depending on what I am creating artistically I choose the type of music that I think will allow me to create what I “see” in my mines eye.
Hobbies or passions: Fishing, watching movies, photography, painting portraits and traveling.
Dan Frievalt aka “Dano”
In high school Dan used to skip out of study hall and go to the band room to enjoy the music. After awhile he started to tap his feet to the beat of the sounds the band was playing. The band teacher took note and asked him one day if he wouldn’t mine playing the cowbell for a few songs. Not knowing how to read music, Dan was not too sure about why the band teacher was asking? Always the risk taker, Dan grabbed the cowbell and belted away.
Dan became so good at playing the cowbell, he was asked to play background tracks to such songs as Little Willy, Honky Tonk Women, Hair of the Dog, We’re an American Band and an underground version of Nothin’ but a Good Time by Poison. With the success of his cowbell talents, he changed his name to Dano, a small change but in the music industry he was a star!
Chris Roth, WBAY, Sports Director, and his partner, Taylor Watry show off their jive routine. Not bad for just staring to practice together!
Who says this is all hard work 🙂
Jim Gagnon, Board Member and owner of Gagnon Clay Products, will be partnered with Diane Roundy. Jim, has been taking lessons and competing in dance competions for the last five years. As a board member and co-chair of the Dancing with the Stars committee, this is an opportunity to not only helping in planning the event, but to also be apart if it.
Eric Witczak, is partnered with Simone, Dancesport Dancer. He is also getting some help from her twin brothers on form and techniques.
Dan Frievalt, Co-owner, of artessense LLC, has stepped up to put on his dancing shoes as our 10th star dancer! Dan is replacing Dana Vanden Huevel, owner of Marketing Savant, who bowed out due to other commitments.
Dan is already familiar with the Dancing with the Stars for the American Red Cross because he and his sister Teri, took all the amazing headshots of our dancers for promotional use.
Most of our dancers, have already had a few lessons and are starting to be paired up with their dance partner, from DanceSport of Green Bay. We hope Dan’s a quick learner. Stay tuned to see his first lesson and to be linked into all the drama and behind the scenes for this years Dancing with the Stars for the American Red Cross Lakeland Chapter.