I have been a News Anchor at WBAY since 1993. I am married to Sean and have two children: Maddison and Mason
Although my body type doesn’t show it, I am an avid runner. I’ve completed six marathons, and several more half-marathons, and I’ve also competed in several sprint triathlons.
Other interesting things about me: I’m left handed (and likely have two-left feet as well), I’m an avid coupon clipper, and if I could, I would go to bed every night at 8 p.m. Unfortunately that interferes with the 10 p.m. news. Needless to say on the weekend, I’m a drag!
1. Describe your first dancing recollection. About how old were you and what was the occasion? My fondest memory: when I was a little girl, putting my feet on my dad’s feet, and “dancing” with him in the living room. He’d usually have John Denver or Neil Diamond blaring on the old turntable.
2. Who is your dream dance partner? That’s a tough one, since I don’t think I can dance. Aside from my husband, I would say anyone who makes me look like I can dance!
3. Who is your favorite dancer on Dancing with the Stars and why? I’m going to have to go with Corky Ballas. He was new this past season, and was paired with Cloris Leachman. He had a great sense of humor, and tried to work with Cloris’s abilities. I could use that!!
4. Why support the Red Cross? Ever since I was little, the Red Cross has been part of my life. My dad was a regular blood donor for years, and really needed the favor returned last year, when he had an aortic aneurysm burst. He now leads the annual Red Cross blood drive at his church in Michigan. I needed blood after a c-section following my son’s birth. You just never know. Also, when we cover stories about fires, floods and other disasters, it’s always the Red Cross there, helping out and pulling people through times of need.
5. What’s your favorite song to dance to? I have plenty of running mixes, but I don’t have a dance mix…yet!! So, I would have to go back to our wedding, and for all you fans of “hair bands” ..I’m going to have to say “Love of a Lifetime” by Firehouse. Our first dance as husband and wife—and yes I do have that song on my IPod!