The newest group of “star dancers” for the American Red Cross Dancing with our Stars fundraiser was unveiled Tuesday night at a kickoff party sponsored by Festival Foods. The nine community members competing to raise the most funds to support local Red Cross efforts are:
- Keith Cronin – Guest Services Manager, Green Bay Packers
- Adam Hardy – Executive Director, Achieve Brown County
- Al Jamir – Community Volunteer
- Bill McGlin – Supervisor, Brown County 911 Dispatch Center
- Tracey Nass – Co-Owner, Indira Salon
- Pam Niles – Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Specialty Care
- Kim Peeters – Vice President/COO, Coldwell Banker
- Lisa Pritzl – Process Management Director/Art Director, Prophit Marketing
- Ann Vande Hei – Director of Business Process Performance, Integrys
They will now spend the next four months learning two ballroom dances which they will perform at Dancing with our Stars 2015. That event will take place Saturday, February 14th, at the KI Convention Center in downtown Green Bay. Dancing with our Stars is now in its seventh year and it is has been a sold-out event each year. Not only do those in attendance support local efforts, so can those not attending as the “star dancers” receive votes in the form of donations to the Red Cross. One dollar equals one vote. Donations can be made now at this website:
The person who raises the most money between now and the end of the event will be awarded the coveted Fundraising Mirror Ball Trophy. All funds raised support disaster prevention, preparation and relief, the life-saving training of first aid, CPR/AED classes, collection and testing of blood and blood products, support to military members serving around the globe and international programs.
Last year’s event raised a record $500,000 for the local Red Cross. Jim Rivett, President of Arketype, Inc. took home the Fundraising Mirror Ball Trophy after raising $200,000, which also set a record for personal fundraising.
Rane Cegelski, Bruce Marshall Dance Studio, Simply Ballroom of Green Bay and TC Dance Club of Appleton are the participating dance partners for the event.
Peta Murgatroyd, who teamed with Green Bay Packers legend Donald Driver to win Season 14 of ABC-TV’s Dancing with the Stars, will once again serve as a celebrity judge at the event.
Information about tickets will be available at a later date. More event information can be found on the following Red Cross platforms:
- Dancing with our Stars donation website: http://crowdrise.com/dancingwithourstars/
- Dancing with our Stars blog: http://redcrossdwosblog.org
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/NEWRedCross
- Twitter: @NEWRedCross (#DWOS15) to join the conversation!)